Sunday, June 16, 2019

I am withdrawing arxiv:1609.04446v13


There is a sign error that invalidates section IIB of my paper https://arxiv.org/abs/1609.04446v13, "Spin-Spin Coupling as the Origin of Atomic Binding," and so it is retracted. The previous version, https://arxiv.org/abs/1609.04446v12, "Spin-Spin Interaction as Quantum Phase Measurement and the Mechanism of Atom Formation," did not have this section or problem and so still stands.

I noticed the error for the first time a couple of hours ago.

It will be a little while until I replace v13 with a new version that corrects the error.  I'm going to first spend some time trying to recover the claim of v13 that the Lorentz force must change sign in going from retarded to advanced electrodynamic forces. I am still convinced this has to be the case. It is the lesson of Bohm's theory. I have a line of reasoning which may provide a compelling argument in (I hope) fairly short order.  If it doesn't work out within a few weeks I will make a new version that formally retracts section IIB of v13 without replacing it with a new argument.


No comments:

Post a Comment